Latest Editorial Board contribution to All About Alpha, the official CAIA blog.
Hedge funds attracting more institutions, fewer private investors.
- Process-driven investing, regulatory burdon, method of access all lead to a level of sophistication for direct investing or through FOFs.
Hedge Funds: More money coming in than out for the first time in a while.
Goldman CFO calls bottom of redemptions.
- The environment for hedge fund seeders has changed dramatically over the last 12 months
- There are now fewer seeders in the market
- Even established funds are looking for seed capital after redemptions have hit their funds
- Some start ups have suffered as their original seeders have withdrawn from the market
- Investors are more stringent than ever before on issues such as corporate governance, use of third party administrators and transparency