Guest post from our media partner Clear Path Analysis.
An annual report bringing together asset owners, treasurers and asset managers to discuss how recent macro-economic events have shaped the market environment for foreign exchange hedging and created opportunities for foreign exchange as a return seeking asset.
Japan’s recent decision to bolster quantitative easing measures has bolstered once again the challenges asset owners and their managers’ face in effectively hedging FX risk. However, with a level of ‘normality’ returning to market cycles, sophisticated institutional investors are slowly turning their attention to their hedging mandates and examining ways in which to generate returns at a time of low yield in fixed income assets. With confidence in market cycles becoming more prevalent, currency investment strategies are also generating attention for their diversification, new source of returns and high liquidity qualities.
The FX Hedging & Investment, Europe report will bring together institutional asset owner groups, central banks and treasurers with their asset managers, to discuss the developments in standard hedging strategies and examine the merits of currency in a return seeking portfolio.
Key service and product providers this report is suitable for:
- Currency, Multi-Strategy and Multi-Asset managers
- Investment Banks
- Currency Exchanges
- Trading Platforms
- Technology Providers
- Reference Data Providers
- Investment Research Companies
Key issues the free report will discuss:
- The macro-economic effects of recent quantitative easing measures
- The role of currency in a return-seeking portfolio and how the past relates to the future
- The rationale for a total hedging approach versus a partial active approach
- Adopting a currency overlay strategy in a DC plan
- Long-maturity currency hedging instruments
- The rationale for adopting a long-term currency investment strategy and the benefits