Guest post contributed by Mark Shore, Chief Research Officer, of Shore Capital Research LLC and Adjunct Professor, DePaul University.
Since 2014 when we published “P2P Lending for Institutional Investors and Wealth Managers: An Overview” about investing in peer-to-peer lending, the industry has continued to grow and evolve, so the timing seemed appropriate to provide an updated overview of the industry.
Not only has the lending volume increased, but the types of loans have expanded to include consumer loans, small business loans, student loans, auto loans and real estate loans.
Topics of the paper include:
- MPL Lending Industry Overview
- Growth of Loan Origination
- Evolution of Industry Infrastructure
- MPL: Fixed Income or Alternative Investment?
- Accessing the Asset Class
- How does P2P/MPL behave in a rising interest rate environment?
- Risk and Return of MPL