Hedge Connection has been hitting the conference circuit pretty hard the last few weeks. Emerging Manager – Opal, Family Office – IIR, Hedge World Spring Service Provider’s conference where’ yours truly spoke on a marketing panel. I will be sending some quotes and commentary from these events over the next week. The best quote from… Read more »
Andrew Saunders to participate on marketing panel at 2009 Hedgeworld Spring HEdge Fund Services Event. June 18, 2009 2:30 PM.
Whether by choice or by the lack thereof, hedge fund managers are attending events to market their funds directly. They are getting in the game and focusing on this core business function only to find it more competitive then ever.
- The environment for hedge fund seeders has changed dramatically over the last 12 months
– There are now fewer seeders in the market
– Even established funds are looking for seed capital after redemptions have hit their funds
– Some start ups have suffered as their original seeders have withdrawn from the market
– Investors are more stringent than ever before on issues such as corporate governance, use of third party administrators and transparency
From Today’s FT June 3, 2009 FT.com / UK – Hedge fund industry climbs its ‘slope of enlightenment’. I have been talking about the evolution of the industry for some time. I have pulled out the last 4 paragraphs. Excellent summary of the state of the industry and the path forward…. Read more »