Hedge Connection and Lighthouse Prime Services host another successful Cap-intro event.
- The environment for hedge fund seeders has changed dramatically over the last 12 months
- There are now fewer seeders in the market
- Even established funds are looking for seed capital after redemptions have hit their funds
- Some start ups have suffered as their original seeders have withdrawn from the market
- Investors are more stringent than ever before on issues such as corporate governance, use of third party administrators and transparency
Two blog posts of interest on placement agents and seeding.